Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tom Green: World Standup Comedy Tour

April 30th and May 1st 2010
Calgary, Alberta

Returning again to Canada on his recent World Stand Up Comedy Tour, the unpredictable shock comedian known as Tom Green surprised fans when he decided to perform for two days right here in Calgary, Alberta. Combining old humour with the recent events in his life, Tom Green gave audiences a complete inside look on both his life and career.

"I really expected him to come out and do something creepy and gross, you know?" a fan tells us outside. "After all, he is Tom Green!"

But despite the challenges that Tom has had to battle with over the years, he was still not afraid to make jokes about everything from his short-lived marriage with actress Drew Barrymore, right up to his battle with testicular cancer in early 2000.

Heading off to another show in Denver, Colorado after a stop to his L.A home, Tom seems to be enjoying every minute of his World Comedy Tour so far.

"I mean, when I was a kid I used to do stand up comedy and I enjoyed doing it." Tom tells us. "I have been meaning to get back into it for years. I've been doing my Web-TV Show at TomGreen.com and wanted to get out on the road and start meeting all the people that have been phoning me and emailing me on my website. "

Tom Green now hosts a live internet broadcast from his house in Los Angeles that can only be viewed at www.TomGreen.com. 'Tom Green's House Tonight' aired its first episode back in June of 2006 and when asking Tom about how his show has evolved since then, Tom tells us it just feels more natural to him now.

"I just want to continue doing what I love to do and keep it real, you know? I got a little bit tired of dealing with the mainstream entertainment business. There is a lot of pressure there that I decided I don't want to deal with in my life. We are in a time in history where because of the electronic media, people are allowed to be independent and not have to deal with the bigger corporations. So I figured I would embrace that early and I made those things possible because of the internet."

Tom Green has decided to return again in the Fall on another All-Canadian Tour to see the fans that missed him the first time around. Maybe next time he will arrive to Calgary driving the 'Slut Mobile'.

Cheers, Tom!

Hayley Instigator Sands

No comments:

Post a Comment